Update, August 5: Our winner is Wendy W. from Tampa, FL
"I love the optimism of Judaism- that the actions of an individual and the actions of Jewish society as a whole can perfect the world and bring about massive change, resulting in world peace and unlimited joy. Every choice we make gives us the option of living spiritually, and every step we take is on holy ground. It makes me happy just thinking about it."
Much love to everyone on this Tu'B'Av!
Nine cool Jews and Jewish businesses have donated $175 worth of gifts in celebration of Tu'B'Av, a day on the Jewish calendar that is for Jewish sweethearts. Two lucky people will win the Cool Jew Love Day Gift Box on Tu'B'Av: August 5th.
(1) Enter to win here by submitting your answer to this question:"What Do You Love About Being Jewish?"
(2) If you are in LA, celebrate at LoveFest 2009, organized by JConnectLA and featuring live performances by Moshav, Rav Shmuel, DJ Eric Rosen and more. One lucky guest will be chosen to win the Cool Jew Love Day Gift Box. Join LoveFest at 8 pm, August 5th, at the Bungalo Club in Los Angeles. For more information, visit jconnectla.com.
* Heeb magazine's "Night of the Living Jews" DVD
with the uncut version of "Strip Dreidel" ($12.50)
* Jewcy.com's signature thong ($15)
* Author Lisa Alcalay Klug's book
Cool Jew: The Ultimate Guide for Every Member of the Tribe ($13)
* Naomi Less' Meshuga'at CD, Jewish Chicks Rock
women's tank top and temporary tattoos ($30)
* Mashuga Nuts - kosher dairy sweets - from TornRanch.com ($15)
* Moshav's Higher & Higher: The Best of the Moshav Band CD ($18)
* Jennie Rivlin Roberts' "No Limit Texas Dreidel" game
from ModernTribe.com ($20)
* Threaded Heritage's "Ahava" Love t-shirt ($39)
(Please make sure your email is available through your Blogger profile. If you are commenting anonymously, you must email us with your comment so that we know how to contact you if you win! firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check back here or sign up for our Newsletter (sign up box is on top right) to be notified of the winner on August 5.
How we pick the winners -- We use a random number generator and if it matches (a) a real attempt at an answer (which all of them usually are) and (b) We can contact the person (we will go searching for your contact on your blog, Twitter, website), then that is the winner. If either (a) or (b) isn't true, we generate another random number and start over.